Statues For Equality is a 100% self-funded project. Every cent that Statues For Equality receives from donations and sales from the gift shop goes back into either creating the statues, creating projects for education and awareness, or supporting women’s groups. This is a massive project and Gillie and Marc need the support of the entire world to make it as successful as possible.
Here’s how you can be a part of this movement:
- Donate! Making bronze statues is a very expensive and lengthy process. The cost of materials has skyrocketed making it even harder to raise the much needed funds for each sculpture. Every donation is a step towards elevating another woman and gender equality. Click here to make a donation!
- Nominate! Each of the women chosen to be honored with a statue has been nominated by the public, the best people to make this important decision. Help us to discover the inspiring women of the world by nominating the women you think should be next to have a statue. Head to the nominate page to let us know!
- Spread the word! This movement is about creating global gender equality, and this can’t happen if nobody knows about it. Talk to your friends and family about the movement or post a photo on social media using the hashtag #StatuesForEquality.
- Start conversations! These statues are meant to start conversations. Talk to your friends, family, and even strangers about the inspiring women you know, the importance of gender equality, and how we can work together towards this goal.
- Shop at the gift shop! There is now Statues For Equality merchandise for sale so you can take a piece of the movement with you wherever you go. Wear a t-shirt or pin on a badge! The proceeds will go towards creating the next statues, and the merchandise will help to spread the word as you walk down the street. Have a look at what’s on offer here!
- Become a SFE artist! This movement is too big for just two artists. Gillie and Marc need the artists of the world to join them by making paintings and statues of women and helping them to reach equality in public statues by 2025. Register here and become an artist for the Statues For Equality movement!
- Commission a statue! Commissions are how many public statues are created. If you are considering commissioning a statue, consider celebrating a woman before automatically choosing a man. There are so many inspiring women in the world to choose from that are so often overlooked. Make a change for gender equality and learn about the females that may have been forgotten for your next commission!
- Host a statue! It is no good creating statues if there is nowhere to erect them. Statues are a wonderful way of creating interest and increased foot traffic so you can benefit while you also make history. If you have a public space that could play host to one or more of our bronze women then get in touch!
- Establish education programs! We are taught about inspiring men every day; at school, through cinema, and the monuments around our cities. Now we need more education about the inspiring women of the world. Try starting a program at your local school or community center to learn about the contribution women have made and how we can elevate their lives to reach equality.