Location: Walsall Town Centre, Staffordshire
Artist: Francis John Williamson
Dorothy Pattison, better known as Sister Dora (1832-1878), was a 19th century Anglican nun and a nurse in Walsall, Staffordshire. Pride of place in the town, the statue by British portrait sculptor Francis John Williamson was unveiled in October 1886. Sister Dora was particularly remembered for her valiant work, self-sacrifice and devotion to care, and Williamson depicts this in her nurse’s cap and uniform, holding a bandage partly unwound, ready for use.